I’m quite worried about Matt. There are no messages on my phone. If he’s not back by 6, I’ll have to turn detective.
To pass the time I document below the sorry way I spent my last day off of the year.
- Filled in passport form (involved a telephone queue to find out what they do if they can’t tell if you’re you when comparing old and new photos).
- Wrote card to Australia
- Got passport photos from library (involved getting change)
- Photocopied my PhD degree certificate
- Bought scissors to cut off two passport photos
- Dropped off Matt’s suit at dry cleaners
- Posted letter with cheque to pay for cottages for nine.
- Queued out the door of the Post Office to send the passport renewal application Special, send the card to Australia and get stamps.
- Paid in a cheque
- Bought paper and parcel tape from Mayfairs
- Responded to my brother’s query about what to get various members of Matt’s family for Xmas
- Paid some of my Visa off over the Web
- Transferred money to our joint account to pay for cottages for 9.
- Called Friends Provident to belatedly find out how to notify them about a change of address
- Phoned Smile to find out how I notify them of a change of title
- Wrote two letters – to Smile and Friends Provident
- Looked for a digiframe on the Web for Matt’s parents
- Found and bought Matt’s Xmas present by phone (Matt just called – he’s been having his hair cut. I knew that, apparently [actually, I did])
- Wrapped his aunt and uncle’s parcel.
- Wrote his brother’s card (also his present)
- Darned the underarms of my purple jumper
- Posted the two letters and queued out the door of the Post Office to send parcel Recorded.
- Collected the suit
- Phoned Comet about the digiframe and ended up buying it for delivery next Thurs before 6.